Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ok, THIS IS WHY WE'RE SO DAMN FAT.

*ahem* Chocolate chip pancake wrapped sausages on a stick. Sounds unlikely huh? That's what I thought when I heard it, but I was wrong... Oh so wrong...


Who decided "Oh, snap! Great idea!" ? This isn't the first, nor the most shocking thing you'll find in the American snack cookbook, but it really makes you think. We have a society that is constantly working to eliminate manual labor and physical movement to suit our laziness. What's worse is that people are actually "OK" with being obese. BEFORE I GET COMPLAINTS, I'M NOT SAYING I HATE FAT PEOPLE. Hell, the overly thin give me the jeebies... being a little overweight isn't such a huge deal, but this is where it becomes a real issue. Oh, and yes, THAT IS HER STOMACH.




I'm certain to receive quite a few arguments, but I'll only deal with the most prevalent ones. Firstly, it's nobody's fault but your own. Yeah. You CAN in fact control what you eat and how much you exercise. I don't care if you're depressed, eating will NOT fix whatever is wrong with you. Also, Your "baby weight" is not an excuse you can lug around for a year after having the kid. You and you alone are responsible for the shape you're in. The same thing that applies to alcoholics, drug addicts, and the like does in fact apply to being morbidly obese.



"But K.K.! It's all McDonalds fault for making their food so addicting! They knew I wouldn't be able to control myself!" That's bull@#$% and you know it. As much as it pains me to say it... Regardless of the fact that Rondald McDonald is in fact the greatest evil that walks this earth, and heads one of the most powerful corporations of all time, he's not holding you at gun point and forcing you eat that 3rd Big Mac.

It all boils down to this... M O D E R A T I O N. I'm not saying stop eating and stick your finger down your throat, but tighten the reigns a bit. It's not impossible, you'll live longer, and you'll avoid a lot of health complications.

No comments: